Saturday, November 20, 2010

Stories from Confirmation #1

Every year we get a new group of 7th graders who join our Confirmation Class along with a handful of other teens from all the other grades.  This year we have 46 who signed up for the class.  Well we just kicked off our Confirmation class and we are off to a great start.  To begin with, last weekend we had our Kickoff at Pleasant Vineyard Ministries.  I debated about where I should crash for the night.  Should I take the cabin that no one discovered and quietly keep it to myself knowing that I will get a good night sleep?  Or should I bond with my Junior High boys and deal with the strange smells of bodily emissions mixing together with Axe body spray?  Well my conscience got the best of me and I found a cabin full of boys with an empty bunk bed.  As we were getting ready to crash for the night the other dad in the room asked if anyone snores.  One of the boys said that he did not snore but he did breathe.  This struck me as very funny.  Duh, we ALL breathe! But then I discovered what this 7th grade boy meant when I woke up in the middle of the night.  It sounded like Darth Vader was in the room with me. The boy was not making a joke at all.  He was really breathing hard! That just made me chuckle again.

No comments: