Saturday, October 10, 2009

Check out Paper Route

Hey gang!  I wanted to give a shout-out to the band Paper Route.  They are currently touring with Paramore.  JT Daly is in the band.  He was one of my teens in my first youth group.  It is awesome to see him using his artistic creativity and musical giftedness in such an amazing way.   The music is so unique and original, but I also love the artistry of the videos that they have crafted.  It is so cool to see students I once had the privilege of knowing, and the honor of serving them as a youth pastor, grow into their adult years impacting their world in the ways that God has gifted them.   I was so bummed the last time they came through Cincinnati a huge ice storm hit us and I was unable to make it downtown to see Paper Route.  But with the buzz that they are getting from their latest release, I know people in the music business here in the Queen City that have their eye on this band and what them to come here!  So it is a matter of time.  I can't wait!  Good luck guys!  The link is to their review on rollingstone.com:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/04/29/breaking-paper-route/

No comments: