So, some things to pray about:
1. Safe travels. Long distances are never fun. I wish teleportation was invented by now but it is not. At least, not yet!
2. Spiritual experiences. Pray that the teens deepen their faith and enrich their relationship with Christ through everything we do.
3. Bonding. Pray that all of the team deepens in their relationships with each other.
4. Processing. As always, I want them to apply all that they learn to their regular life: home, school, youth group. Pray that this trip will impact those areas so that this next school year will be even better as the youth group and their families continues to help shape them spiritually!
5. Sharpness! Pray that I and my leaders stay mentally and spiritually sharp all throughout this trip. Already Doug Ransom has been great with helping to make sure we are remembering everything we need before we go!
6. Weather. Pray that we have good weather. I know it is inevitable that it will be hot. It is the end of July. I just hope it is not horribly hot and muggy! But even if it is, that God gives us strength and patience to accomplish all we need to do!
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, Blogger or Instagram (All of which are all connected to Facebook so really that alone should do it) for real-time comments, quotes, pictures and blog posts. I try to put out a blog post every other day.